|ESPN.com: NFL||[Print without images]|
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant said he's glad his offseason arrest for domestic violence, from a legal standpoint, is over and he can concentrate now on football.
In a four-minute interview with reporters Thursday, Bryant said he feels relieved his July arrest for a domestic violence charge against his mother, Angela, was moved to conditional dismissal Wednesday.
Bryant must complete general counseling and must not be charged with any crimes for one year in order to get the domestic violence charge dropped.
The NFL can still discipline Bryant based on his violation of the league's personal conduct policy.
"I'm extremely excited we came to an agreement," Bryant said. "I need to continue to do what I need to do and be a great teammate and a great person and a great player as well."
Bryant said the legal issue bothered him because he had been determined to have an offseason not filled with drama.
In July, Bryant was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for allegedly assaulting his mother during a family argument. Prior to Cowboys training camp, Bryant and his mother held a news conference at the office of his attorney, Texas state senator Royce West, as a form of solidarity.
Bryant wasn't allowed to speak with reporters during training camp until after the Week 1 victory against the New York Giants, but all of the questions were football-related.
That changed Thursday, with his legal case settled.
"It bothered me a little bit," he said. "But it's over now and I'm really feeling comfortable and ready to stay focus on this football and stay on that and nothing else."