Wednesday, December 26, 2012
AP Pro32 ballot from Judge
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
1. Denver Broncos -- I'm not sure what happened last: A Denver loss or peace in the Middle East.
2. Atlanta Falcons -- Everything now is just a dress rehearsal for what really matters: A playoff victory for Matt Ryan and Mike Smith.
3. Green Bay Packers -- Suddenly, the Packers have a new legion of Cheeseheads: Bears' fans who want them to beat Minnesota.
4. New England Patriots -- Yes, the Patriots are hard to figure out, but this isn't: They're always a Super Bowl factor as long as Tom Brady is healthy.
5. San Francisco 49ers -- Consider that waxing in Seattle a wake-up call; or, maybe it was just Pete Carroll's way of honking his own horn.
6. Seattle Seahawks -- Good thing for the rest of the NFC these guys don't draw a home game.
7. Houston Texans -- I guess last week's loss told us why Gary Kubiak won't rest his starters this weekend: BECAUSE HE NEEDS HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!!!
8. Washington Redskins -- The Redskins just solved the Physical Cliff; RG3 is "completely recovered" from his knee injury.
9. Baltimore Ravens -- The Ravens are tough to figure out. They lose three straight; then they hammer the Giants. All I know is they're going to the playoffs where they win at least once under John Harbaugh.
10. Minnesota Vikings -- With all the attention given Adrian Peterson, we've forgotten something: How about some love for Leslie Frazier, a bona fide Coach of the Year candidate?
11. Indianapolis Colts -- This story just keeps getting better. First, the Colts make the playoffs. Now Chuck Pagano is back. Yes, Indiana, there is a Santa Claus.
12. Cincinnati Bengals -- Go ahead and knock Marvin Lewis. All I know is that in two seasons with Andy Dalton he reached the playoffs twice ... and this time he got there the hard way: Through Pittsburgh.
13. Dallas Cowboys -- Tony Romo was right. If these guys are within 10-14 points of opponents entering the fourth quarter they'll come back ... and they just proved it.
14. Chicago Bears -- All together now: Let's go Pack! Let's go Pack!
15. New Orleans Saints -- Finally, mercifully, the season is about to come to a close for the Saints. It was an unforgettable experience, and, no, that's not a good thing.
16. New York Giants -- Talk about hitting a wall: Once these guys looked like a lock to win the division; now, they look like a lock to miss the playoffs. Never have so many promised so much, yet delivered so little.
17. St. Louis Rams -- Now I know what those ads mean when they talk about "Ram Tough."
18. Miami Dolphins -- The second-best team in the AFC East? You're looking at it, folks.
19. Pittsburgh Steelers -- 'Tis not the season to be jolly in Pittsburgh. Five losses in six games keep the coal industry in business.
20. Carolina Panthers -- Cam Newton is playing some of the best football of his career, so he goes and spoils it by bumping a ref? One of these days someone must force this guy to grow up.
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- The way these guys are playing, they may send them all back to college.
22. San Diego Chargers -- Another late-season rush by Norv Turner ... only this time it's about a month-and-a-half too late.
23. Cleveland Browns -- Those Saban-to-Cleveland rumors have Browns' fans believing there really is a St. Nick.
24. Buffalo Bills -- This was the year the Bills were supposed to be, as GM Buddy Nix put it, "relevant." Anyone for another New Year's resolution?
25. New York Jets -- Tim Tebow is the lucky one. He gets to get out.
26. Tennessee Titans -- Owner Bud Adams wants to know what's wrong with these guys. I call Jake Locker to the witness stand.
27. Arizona Cardinals -- The Cardinals are accepting all suggestions for a starting quarterback until midnight Saturday.
28. Detroit Lions -- Since they started 5-0 last season, the Lions are 9-18, including the playoffs. Just sayin'.
29. Philadelphia Eagles -- Consider this Michael Vick's audition for his next job.
30. Oakland Raiders -- Just lose, baby.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars -- After what we just witnessed, it should be Tebow Time.
32. Kansas City Chiefs -- Now the question: Will K.C. Wolf be back?
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL