Wednesday, January 2, 2013
AP Pro32 ballot from Berman
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Chris Berman of ESPN:
CHRIS BERMAN (ESPN)
1. San Francisco 49ers -- As long as Justin Smith is ready to roll for the postseason.
2. Denver Broncos -- Eleven straight wins by seven or more points -- only the third team ever. Congrats to John Fox on 100 wins.
3. New England Patriots -- Third highest-scoring team ever pitch a shutout in finale.
4. Green Bay Packers -- Reward for going 9-2 down the stretch facing Adrian Peterson three times in six games.
5. Atlanta Falcons -- An allowable mulligan, we think. Nobody needs a playoff win worse than Falcons.
6. Seattle Seahawks -- Only undefeated team at home, but playoffs will take them away. It's OK, they're ready.
7. Baltimore Ravens -- Whatever Week 16 formula was, find it. Ray Lewis returns for playoffs a large plus.
8. Houston Texans -- Houston hopes it doesn't have a problem.
9. Washington Redskins -- Seventh straight win since bipartisan politics at its best.
10. Minnesota Vikings -- Congrats to Adrian Peterson on an amazing game and season. Congrats to the Vikings on going from three wins to 10.
11. Chicago Bears -- Ten wins usually enough for postseason. Instead, their coach gets fired. Tough business.
12. Cincinnati Bengals -- Hottest team in playoffs nobody is talking about.
13. Indianapolis Colts -- Just when the story couldn't get any better, it did by leaps and bounds. Congrats to coach Chuck Pagano and all the Colts.
14. New York Giants -- Coulda, shoulda, woulda.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Odd not seeing them in postseason.
16. New Orleans Saints -- Sean Payton will be back. So will Saints in 2013.
17. Carolina Panthers -- Ended season with four straight wins.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- .500 for season, and 21st Century.
19. San Diego Chargers -- A sharp left turn for the powder blue, as two good football men are let go.
20. St. Louis Rams -- Took until Week 17 to lose a division game.
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- A nice finish to what once was a season filled with hope.
22. Miami Dolphins -- Made strides.
23. Detroit Lions -- Lost eight straight to finish. C'mon Man!
24. Cleveland Browns -- Time for Paul Brown?
25. Buffalo Bills -- We'll try circling a different wagon.
26. New York Jets -- An offensive nightmare.
27. Philadelphia Eagles -- Can only hope to get a coach that accomplishes what Andy Reid did.
28. Tennessee Titans -- At least the music is good in Nashville.
29. Arizona Cardinals -- 4-0 to 5-11.
30. Oakland Raiders -- Black Hole still black.
31. Kansas City Chiefs -- First draft pick will be fun.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars -- The weather is nice there.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL