|ESPN.com: Dick Vitale||[Print without images]|
• Michigan looked as good as any team that I have seen in person this season. Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr. were outstanding in a big win at The Barn in Minnesota. I was impressed with the depth of the Wolverines. Nik Stauskas is known for his outside shooting, but he surprised me with his ability to take the ball to the basket. Coach Beilein says 12-6 may be good enough to win the Big Ten. That tells you how competitive the league is.
• The atmosphere and energy was incredible at Butler on Saturday night. Let me tell you, both sets of Bulldogs -- Butler and Gonzaga -- will be heard from come tournament time. Brad Stevens and Mark Few are terrific leaders and their teams play so hard.
• Congratulations to Billy Donovan on his 400th win at Florida. The Gators are playing great team defense, winning over the Tigers by 31. Wait until they have a healthy team ... they are already the best in SEC.
• It is amazing to note that Duke has made 53 more trifectas than its opponents this season. Over the 17 games played so far, than translates to over three more per contest, or over nine points per game, which is tough to overcome.
• Auburn coach Tony Barbee had to be frustrated by a double-overtime loss at Arkansas. His Tigers shot better from three-point range (44 percent, 11-of-25) than the foul line (41.2 percent, seven-of-17). Auburn was three-of-nine from the charity stripe in regulation, 33 percent. Imagine if the Tigers made one more before overtime!