Print and Go Back ESPN.com: HorseRacing [Print without images]

Saturday, August 31, 2013
'Macho Man' out of Woodward

Brisnet.com



Mucho Macho Man, most recently third in the Whitney Handicap, has been scratched from Saturday's Grade 1 Woodward at Saratoga.

The five-year-old, the 9-2 fourth choice on the morning line for the Woodward, has run three times this year, also finishing third in the Criminal Type overnight stakes on June 14 at Belmont Park and being pulled up in the Sunshine Millions Classic in January over a sloppy track at Gulfstream Park.

"It's a huge disappointment," said owner Patti Reeves of the decision. "We just don't want to risk running him on an off track."

Reeves said Mucho Macho Man could make his next start in the Jockey Club Gold Cup on September 28 at Belmont Park.

Earlier this week, after entries were drawn, multiple Grade 1 star Fort Larned was scratched from the Woodward.