|ESPN.com: Dick Vitale||[Print without images]|
Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Texas suffered a loss when point guard Javan Felix suffered a hip injury which needed surgery. Felix started 23 games for the Longhorns last season, averaging 6.8 points per game and almost six assists per game.
• Murray State coach Steve Prohm received some tough news when guard Zay Jackson was lost for the upcoming season with torn knee ligaments. Jackson also missed all of last season.
• Florida coach Billy Donovan reinstated guard Scottie Wilbekin. He had suspended the guard back in June. Wilbekin will provide depth to a solid backcourt.
• I recently read that Daniel Orton was let go by Oklahoma City. Orton, the ex-Kentucky big man, was an example of a player that needed to stay in school and improve his game. Instead he went into the NBA draft early because of potential, potential, potential. Where is his career now, my friends?
• Keep an eye on Providence to continue its improvement under Ed Cooley. The Friars have a lot of returning talent, led by guard Bryce Cotton, an All-Big East performer last season.