First and ten questions
1. The PGA Championship begins tomorrow. Tiger Woods is scheduled to speak this morning. Has the media treated Tiger fairly?
2. Chad Ochocinco spoke at Patriots camp yesterday. Up to this point Chad has claimed the he was leaving his former persona behind to do things, "The Patriot Way." Then he had this to say to our Rachel Nichols. "I'm actually going to stay with a fan the first two or three weeks of the season. I'm not sure how it's going to work. They'll have to have internet. They have to have Xbox. That's about it." Q: Are you serious? "Have I ever lied to your before?" On a scale of 1-10, how bad a sign is this?
3. Travis Lewis, Oklahoma's starting weak side linebacker and the Sooners' leading tackler in each of the last three seasons is expected to miss eight weeks after suffering a broken bone in his left foot during Monday's practice. The Sooners are ranked No. 1 in the preseason poll. Is Oklahoma still the best team in the country?
4. Maurice Jones-Drew is sticking to his criticism of Jay Cutler for sitting out the second half of the NFC Championship game after sustaining a sprained MCL. "I knew what I was doing when I tweeted it. I wouldn't apologize because I didn't do anything wrong, I don't think. I didn't commit a crime. I didn't kill anyone or rape anyone or anything like that. I just said what everybody else was thinking." Is Jones-Drew out of line for being so frank?
5. The Redskins are currently ranked 29th in the ESPN NFL Power Rankings. Backup quarterback Rex Grossman disagrees. "We're just waiting in the wings ready to take over the NFC East. You look at us from top to bottom out here, there's a bunch of great players. And we don't need people saying we're the best right now. But when it's all said and done, I really feel like this team's gonna win the [NFC] East." Is Grossman crazy or crazy like a fox?
6. The same power rankings have the Bengals ranked dead last. Some people expected Cincinnati to challenge for the Super Bowl last year. Is it fair to call the Bengals the worst team?
7. Reactions to Tiger Woods press conference.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Cutler: 'Crossed my mind' Bears tenure over
- Sources: Kemp-to-Padres deal clears hurdles
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more