Statement on offensive comments
At ESPN we are aware of three offensive and inappropriate comments made on ESPN outlets during our coverage of Jeremy Lin.
ESPN Statement On Lin Comments
ESPN issues statement apologizing for inappropriate comments made on ESPN outlets during coverage of Jeremy Lin and details disciplinary action. Watch
Saturday we apologized for two references. We have since learned of a similar reference Friday on ESPN Radio New York. The incidents were separate and different. We have engaged in a thorough review of all three and have taken the following action:
• The ESPN employee responsible for our Mobile headline has been dismissed.
• The ESPNEWS anchor has been suspended for 30 days.
• The radio commentator is not an ESPN employee.
We again apologize, especially to Mr. Lin. His accomplishments are a source of great pride to the Asian-American community, including the Asian-American employees at ESPN. Through self-examination, improved editorial practices and controls, and response to constructive criticism, we will be better in the future.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New York Knicks 3-Stripe Royal Track Pants