Chris Berman signs multiyear deal
BRISTOL, Conn. -- Chris Berman has signed a multiyear contract extension to stay with ESPN.
The network said Friday that Berman will remain its host for NFL studio shows and call the Major League Baseball Home Run Derby and anchor ESPN's U.S. Open golf coverage.
Berman joined ESPN in October 1979, less than a month after the network launched. ESPN declined to disclose the terms or length of the new deal, which begins in 2013.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Source: Mizzou's Haith agrees to coach Tulsa
- Mattingly voices worry over threats to Puig
- Hernandez associate accused of lying to feds
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Darrius Heyward-Bey Home Uniform Wall Graphic