Chris Berman signs multiyear deal
BRISTOL, Conn. -- Chris Berman has signed a multiyear contract extension to stay with ESPN.
The network said Friday that Berman will remain its host for NFL studio shows and call the Major League Baseball Home Run Derby and anchor ESPN's U.S. Open golf coverage.
Berman joined ESPN in October 1979, less than a month after the network launched. ESPN declined to disclose the terms or length of the new deal, which begins in 2013.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Heat post season-high 122 in rout of Kings
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- UNC not applying for Hairston reinstatement
- Kobe-less Lakers push past Love, Wolves
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Women's San Diego Chargers Bonded Full-Zip Navy Softshell Jacket