LeBron James' Vertical Leap
3 of 6
Improve your power and elasticity.
Hips, knees and ankles
- Starting position: Stand with your feet just outside of shoulder width with your hands behind your head.
- Sit back and down into a squat position, keeping your knees behind your toes.
- Immediately jump vertically by extending completely through your hips. Do not pause at the bottom of the movement.
- Pull your toes to your shins in midair to prepare for landing in the squat position.
- Reset to start position and repeat.
- Complete 2-3 sets of 5 repetitions.
Hips and legs
- Starting position: Stand on one leg in front of a line of small hurdles.
- Hop over one hurdle, landing and holding on the same leg. Land softly by absorbing through your hip and glutes.
- Continue over remaining hurdles.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Complete 2-3 sets of 5 repetitions each leg.