LeBron James' Vertical Leap
5 of 6
Strength Training (continued)
PILLAR BRIDGE - DIAGONAL ARM LIFT
Shoulders and core
- Start in a push-up position, keeping your core tight and your head in line with your spine. There should be a straight line between your ear and your ankle with no sagging or bending.
- Push your neck and sternum as far up and away from your forearms as possible
- Lift one arm and hold for two seconds.
- Switch arms.
- Widen your feet if necessary to reduce difficulty.
- Do 3-4 sets 8 repetitions each side.
SPLIT SQUATS - REAR FOOT UP
Glutes, hamstrings, quads
- Stand in a split stance holding dumbbells in each hand and with the rear foot up on a bench behind you.
- Lower hips toward the floor by bending the front knee. Lower until the thigh is parallel to the ground. Do not let the front knee slide forward over the toes.
- Return to the starting position by pushing up with the front leg.
- Complete 3-4 sets of 5-8 repetitions on each side.