LeBron James' Vertical Leap
6 of 6
Speed up recovery by helping your body overcome the stress of training.
FOAM ROLL - GLUTES
- Starting position: On the ground, seated on a foam roll.
- Shift weight to one side and roll from the top of the back of your thigh to your lower back.
- Shift weight to the other side and repeat.
- Hold on sore spots for an extended time to release tightness
- Roll each side for 30 seconds.
FOAM ROLL - QUADS
- Starting position: Face down on the ground with foam roll under the front of your thighs.
- Roll the quad from your hip to just above your knee.
- For added benefit, cross one leg over the other, placing all your weight on the front of one thigh.
- Roll on the outside and inside as well as down the front of the thigh.
- Hold on sore spots for an extended time to release tightness.
- Roll for 30 seconds.
For more information on sport-specific training and conditioning, visit Athletes' Performance and Core Performance.