M&T Bank Stadium Baltimore
WEEK 13: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS AT BALTIMORE RAVENS, Dec. 3, 8:30 p.m. ET
• Stadium name: M&T Bank Stadium
• Address: 1101 Russell St., Baltimore, MD, 21230
• Capacity: 70,008
• Opened: 1998
• Surface: Sportexe Momentum Turf
• Distance from downtown Baltimore: The stadium is in the city center, in the Harbor District.
• Web site: Stadium | Directions
• Parking: Web site
• Alternative transportation options: The Maryland Transit Administration operates light rail, metro subway and bus service to M&T Bank Stadium. For more information, click here.
• Unique stadium features: The Ring of Honor pays tribute to former Ravens and Colts. The team also has displays for the 2001 Super Bowl winners and Ravens division champions. The outdoor plaza is named Johnny Unitas Plaza. A stone mosaic of piano keys is displayed on the southwest plaza sidewalk in recognition of the old Knaabe Piano factory, formerly located on the stadium site. Baltimore's Marching Ravens perform before and during the game, and the ensemble dates to when the Colts played at Memorial Stadium.
• W-L records on Monday night:
New England: 14-21 (Most recent appearance: Beat Cincinnati 34-13, Oct. 1, 2007)
Baltimore: 4-5 (Most recently: Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers 38-7, Nov. 5, 2007)
• Biggest events held at stadium: Ravens won a wild-card game Dec. 31, 2000 21-3 over Denver and went on to win Super Bowl XXXV. Also has featured other notable sports events, including the Army-Navy game (2000, 2007), Navy vs. Notre Dame (2002), Maryland vs. Georgia Tech (1998) and the NCAA lacrosse tournaments (2003, 2004 and 2007). The 1998 HFStival sold out in 90 minutes and staged 15 bands, attracting more than 90,000 fans.
• Stadium tour info: Tours can be booked in advance for groups of 25 or more. To schedule a tour call 410-261-7283.
• StubHub! tickets: Web site
For more information, call the Ravens ticket hot line, at 410-261-7283. Ticket-office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9-5 on Saturdays before home games. Web site
FOOD & DRINK
• Food options inside the stadium: Specialty items include cheese steaks, Papa John's Pizza, crab cake sandwiches, steamed shrimp, Johnsonville sausages, Esskay hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, pit beef and turkey. In addition, Attman's Deli offers corned beef, hot pastrami and turkey sandwiches, along with a rib-eye sandwich and Angus burgers. Subway offers an array of cold sandwiches and a meatball sub. Boardwalk Fries is available at all of the grill locations at the stadium. An authentic Kosher stand has hot dogs, burgers, Italian sausage, and chicken tenders. Family Inn Bakery sells fresh pies, cakes and cookies. And Bell's Famous Chili offers turkey-based chili, nachos supreme with chili, and chili dogs.
• Tailgating scene outside the stadium: Located adjacent to Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium is big on tailgating, enjoying a festive atmosphere. The Ravens Walk (located between the two facilities and flanked by lots B and C) offers fans pregame party areas; it opens three hours before kickoff and features a variety of bars and food stations, as well as a live DJ.
• Beer selection/prices: Miller, Budweiser, Michelob and Coors varieties are available for $7 in 16-ounce plastic bottles; 20-ounce domestic drafts are $7.50. Heineken, Amstel and Yuengling in 16-ounce cans sell for $8. Sam Adams and Corona 16-ounce bottles fetch $8. There are two pubs on the lower concourse: Talon Pub serves Guinness, Harp and Smithwicks for $8; and the Bacardi Zone features a full bar, TVs and stand-up tables.
• Selected Baltimore-area restaurants and sports bars:
Shula's Steak House (Inner Harbor)
101 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Located in the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel, Shula's is big on certified Angus beef. The restaurant is owned by Don Shula, Hall of Famer and former Baltimore Colts and Miami Dolphins coach, and his son, Dave, also a former coach.
Schultz's Crab House (Essex)
1732 Old Eastern Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21221
Opened in 1950 as Schultz's Café, the raw bar and crab are king here. Also try the sour beef and dumplings.
Matthew's Pizzeria (Highlandtown)
3131 Eastern Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224
The Greene Turtle Sports Bar & Grille (Fells Point)
722 S. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231
Sunday brunch features unlimited Bloody Marys and mimosas.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jets clean house, fire GM Idzik, coach Ryan
- Harbaugh, 49ers mutually agree to part ways
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Steelers best Bengals to win AFC North title