Rose Bowl -- Pasadena, Calif.
- Jeff Lewis-US PRESSWIRE © 2006 Jeff LewisYou should be able to find time between bowls to check out the studios, racetrack and fine eats.Photo gallery: Bowl trippin' around the country | Ultimate Road Trip homepage
ROSE BOWL: WISCONSIN vs. TEXAS CHRISTIAN, JAN. 1, 5 P.M. ET
• Stadium name: Rose Bowl
• Address: 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103
• Home team: UCLA Bruins
• Capacity: 91,000
• Opened: 1923
• Surface: Grass
• Tickets: Buy tickets
• Passport: Are you going? »
• Driving distance from Holiday Bowl in San Diego: 130 miles, 2½ hours
• Distance from downtown Los Angeles: Stadium is 13 miles northeast of downtown.
• Websites: Bowl site | Stadium | Seating chart | Directions | Parking | Twitter
• TV: ESPN
• City Guide: Los Angeles
• Rose Bowl Tailgate, Jan. 1, 8 a.m. local time, Lot H, just south of the Rose Bowl.
Open to the public for free, a variety of food and beverages will be served. The tailgate also features interactive games and entertainment.
FOOD & DRINK
24 W Union St.
Pasadena, CA 91103
626-683-9797 | website
Part of a chain, this Italian trattoria features menus from rotating Italian regions, plus a nice espresso bar. The outdoor seating is especially popular.
Dong Il Jang
3455 W. Eighth St.
Los Angeles, CA 90005
Friendly service and tasty Asian fare are two things that you can be sure of getting when you dine at this family-owned eatery. Though the restaurant is in Koreatown and the emphasis is on Korean food, a full menu of Japanese items is offered for folks who feel more comfortable with sushi than kimchi. However, as anyone who has tried Korean food may attest, there is nothing quite like a heaping plate of Korean barbecue, katsu or kalbi to satisfy an appetite.
Old Towne Pub
66 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103
Rusted signs, license plates and weathered wood walls create a rustic atmosphere at this offbeat watering hole. As far as beverages, sodas are sold in glass bottles and beer is the only other option. You'll find people bringing their dogs into the outdoor courtyard while socializing with friends. Expect live music every night.
1850 N. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-667-0062 | website
Fred's motto: Eat now, dine later. Open 24 hours, this hip version of the classic American coffee shop offers twists on all the traditional favorites at reasonable prices. You'll see lot of clubgoers here after hours, as well as the occasional star.
Tom Bergin's Tavern
840 S. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323-936-7151 | website
This Irish pub dates to 1936, when Tom Bergin founded it. The tavern's Horse Shoe bar claims to have been the inspiration for "Cheers." The walls are filled with Irish and sports memorabilia, including the 1951 Los Angeles Rams' official NFL championship banner.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour
3400 W. Riverside Drive
Burbank, CA 91522
818-972-8687 | website
No two tours here are the same, as the electric carts take you to the studio lot through back streets, sound stages and sets. You might see famous actors along the way. The tour ends at the Warner Bros. Museum, where you can browse through motion-picture memorabilia.
Santa Anita Park
285 W. Huntington Drive
Arcadia, CA 91007
626-574-7223 | website
The winter meeting opens Dec. 26 at one of the country's most famous thoroughbred tracks. Set against the backdrop of the San Gabriel Mountains, Santa Anita is in an awesome setting. Its landmark 1,100-foot-long grandstand seats 26,000. First post is 12:30 p.m. local time.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Seahawks favorites to land Bennett
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Source: Steelers will release OLB Woodley
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM