GATOR BOWL: MISSISSIPPI STATE vs. MICHIGAN, JAN. 1, 1:30 P.M. ET
• Stadium name: EverBank Field
• Address: One Gator Bowl Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32202
• Home team: Jacksonville Jaguars
• Capacity: 77,000
• Opened: 1995
• Surface: Grass
• Tickets: Buy tickets
• Passport: Are you going? »
• Driving distance from Meineke Car Care Bowl in Charlotte: 390 miles, 6½ hours.
• Driving distance to Orange Bowl in Miami: 335 miles, 5½ hours.
• Distance from downtown Jacksonville: Stadium is 1 mile southeast of downtown.
• Web sites: Bowl site | Stadium | Seating chart | Parking | Directions | Twitter
• TV: ESPN2
• City Guide: Jacksonville
• New Year's Eve celebration with live music, food and vendors, Northbank Riverfront
Fireworks start at midnight along the Jacksonville Riverfront.
If taking in the fireworks after the almost 400-mile trip from Charlotte is too much, the Budweiser Tailgate Party goes from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Jan. 1. The party, located in the stadium entertainment zone just outside EverBank Field, features food vendors, games, live music, and both schools' bands and cheerleaders.
FOOD & DRINK
1440 San Marco Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207
904-398-1949 | website
Located in the city's San Marco District, Bistro Aix (pronounced like "X") is a Mediterranean lover's delight, with French, Italian, Spanish and Greek cuisine. Grilled fishes, meats and gourmet, thin-crust pizzas are cooked on a wood-fired stove. Also featured are more than 250 wines.
River City Brewing Company
835 Museum Circle
Jacksonville, FL 32207
904-398-2299 | website
Enjoy riverfront dining, hand-crafted beers and a spectacular view of the downtown Jacksonville skyline. The menu offers multiple dishes specializing in seafood, steaks, pasta and daily chef's creations. The facility's Brewhouse Lounge features live weekend entertainment and a snapshot of the on-site microbrewery.
Sneakers Sports Grille
111 Beach Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32250
904-482-1000 | website
Sports fans will enjoy this festive atmosphere, where waitresses dress as cheerleaders and the waiters don referee attire. Guests can enjoy burgers, chicken wings and more. Memorabilia is displayed everywhere. Don't miss the No. 4 Kodak race car mounted on the wall and an outside patio with TVs and an ocean view.
Anheuser-Busch Jacksonville Brewery Tour
111 Busch Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32218
904-696-8373 | website
The brew facility offers guests an opportunity to see how its products are made during complimentary tours. Guests discover how the beers are carefully crafted and packaged in a state-of-the-art facility. At tour's end, visitors can sample their favorites and relax in the Hospitality Room or browse for a wide selection of the latest in Budweiser merchandise.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Bears to start Clausen over Cutler
- 49ers' Harbaugh 'considering' Michigan job