??AP Pro32 ballot from Judge??
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
3. San Francisco 49ers -- I really want to rank these guys higher, and for one simple reason: They're the best team I've seen this year. Odd as it sounds, that loss to Minnesota will strengthen them.
4. Baltimore Ravens -- The Ravens are good enough to lead their division, but I just don't know if their defense is good enough to keep them there.
5. Chicago Bears -- Now you know why Chicago isn't Second City anymore. The Bears' defense outscored Chicago's last three opponents by itself.
6. New England Patriots -- The Patriots can pass. They can run. They can pile up the yards and first downs. And they can start circling the bases on a soft schedule.
7. Minnesota Vikings -- This is the most surprising team out there. I don't know how Leslie Frazier is doing it, but it's great to have the Vikings back on the map.
8. New York Giants -- One of these days, the Giants' pass rushers will answer the wake-up call. Considering New York's tortuous schedule, it better happen sooner, not later.
10. Philadelphia Eagles -- Coming to a neighborhood near you: "Edward Scissorhands," starring Michael Vick. The poor guy has more turnovers (11) than all but six teams. Andy Reid is right: That has to stop.
11. San Diego Chargers -- Just when you want to believe in the Bolts, they go out and blow a 10-point lead to a winless opponent. I just don't know what to make of these guys ... again.
12. Cincinnati Bengals -- Sorry, but I can't explain that loss to Miami, either. Talk about Curb Your Enthusiasm.
13. Seattle Seahawks -- Great defense. Terrific running back. And a rookie quarterback I don't trust. Add them up, and what do you have? A team playing for second in the NFC West.
17. St. Louis Rams -- You gotta love what Jeff Fisher is doing, but it's what Danny Amendola is doing -- namely, nothing after suffering a dislocated clavicle -- that's going to affect this team more.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- Big D stands for Discouraging, and not just because the Cowboys can't score TDs. Four of their next five games are on the road.
19. Detroit Lions -- Granted, the Lions have talent, but look where it has them: They're 10 seconds away from a winless season.
20. Washington Redskins -- That RG3 injury has me wondering: Just how does he operate from here on in? He's a marvelous talent, but his strength -- namely, his ability to run -- is also his greatest liability.
21. Buffalo Bills -- Another blowout loss, and people are beginning to grumble about Ryan Fitzpatrick. They should grumble about a defense that was supposed to improve. The numbers don't lie. The Bills have been outscored 90-17 over the last six quarters.
24. Miami Dolphins -- I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Dolphins might be the second-best team in the AFC East.
26. Carolina Panthers -- What we're witnessing is Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, and it's pulling one ballclub down.
27. Oakland Raiders -- Penalties aren't the issue anymore, but offense is. There's not enough of it.
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- One of these days, the Bucs will get a chance to practice their own kneeldowns.
31. Kansas City Chiefs -- Bad enough that the team stinks. But when we boo the fans -- and Kansas City fans, no less -- you know something is terribly wrong.
32. Cleveland Browns -- Five weeks into the season, and already the Browns are out of the picture. Looks like ownership is the only thing that ever changes with these guys.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Nfl Team Apparel Youth Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan #2 Red T-shirt