[Ed's note: We're rolling out a 'Fun Facts' on every team in the NBA before the season starts. For more information and to see the other teams profiled, please go here.]
We like the Charlotte Bobcats. They probably should have broken out last year, but had a few injury issues. We once read an article, although we currently can't find the hyperlink, talking about how Dean Smith, Michael Jordan, Roy Williams and Larry Brown all go golfing sometimes, since they're all back in NC. Jeez. Could you imagine being the foursome behind those guys? That only makes us like the Bobcats more. Now we turn our attention to the irreverent stuff you should know about 'em—and No. 1 involves a Transformer.
1. Perhaps the Bobcats struggle because they lack an Optimus Prime.
2. In addition to Jordan in the executive suites: BET founder Bob Johnson and Nelly.
3. Jason Richardson is one of only two back-to-back Slam Dunk Contest winners (he won in 2002 and 2003). The other? Richardson's boss, His Airness. Bonus clip: J-Rich at the 2004 Dunk Contest. He didn't win, but this off-the-backboard-between-the-legs jam is plain filthy.
6. It's only the preseason, but Larry Brown's already floated the "I should have stayed retired" thoughts out there.
7. NBA players are just like you: They post stupid pictures of themselves on Facebook too.
8. "Pimp My Ride," Bobcat-style. It's not pretty.
9. Gotta have an MJ clip in here, right? He's the reason why we started watching basketball.
10. Adam Morrison bobbleheads, complete with '70s-style 'stache? Where can I pick mine up?