Get Cookin': Texas Caviar
This Texas Caviar recipe comes recommended to us from an ESPN Radio staffer. A true party favorite!
1 can black beans (15.5 oz)
1 can black eye peas (15.5 oz)
1 can white shoepeg corn (make sure to use white shoepeg -- other corn types will swell in marinade)
3-4 Tbsp Jalapeno peppers (diced)
1 jar diced pimentos (4 oz.)
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1) Drain and rinse beans, peas and corn.
2) Mix together in in large bowl with peppers, pimentos and onion.
3) Heat ingredients for marinade just until it starts to boil and let cool.
4) Pour cooled marinade over all the other ingredients.
5) Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
6) After 7 or more hours, drain off marinade.
Store caviar in a sealed container and serve with some good tortilla chips for dipping. Enjoy!
More from Party Planning
EXPERT PICKS FOR SUPER BOWL XLIX
- Van Pelt
- Le Batard