Meet the Texas volleyball team
My name is Bailey Webster and I am a senior outside hitter on the Texas volleyball team. I have a degree in corporate communications, and I'm currently a graduate student in the department of advertising here on what we call the "Forty Acres."
This is actually my fifth year being a part of the volleyball team, and I have had the experience to grow and learn from many different teammates throughout these years.
As a senior, I would like to introduce the 2013 Texas volleyball team:
• Fellow senior co-captain and setter Hannah Allison is from Arkansas and is very strong-minded and competitive.
• Senior libero Sarah Palmer and sophomore Kat Brooks are from Hawaii and represent the Big Island very well. They were our personal tour guides when we opened the season there earlier this year.
• Senior Megan Futch is from California and became part of the team when she transferred two years ago.
• Khat Bell and Haley Eckerman are the two juniors on our squad, and they bring sass and attitude to the team with their personalities.
• Sophomores Nicole Dalton, Amy Neal, Molly McCage and Sara Hattis all bring their own little thing to the team. "Cole" is blunt and sarcastic, while Molly is sensitive and loves to be open and honest. Sara is a funny and quirky teammate who had the wonderful opportunity last season to play basketball for Texas as well as volleyball.
• Tiffany Baker is a transfer from Tennessee who is working hard every day to come back from her knee injury, and she'll have two years of eligibility remaining beginning next season.
• Lastly, the freshmen are Chloe Collins, Pilar Victoria and Chiaka Ogbogu. They are all very close and are constantly enjoying the moment and laughing with one another.
I have a wonderful team and no matter how different we were raised, or how different the places are that we've come from, there's always something to laugh and talk about!
I'm looking forward to sharing our journey with everyone this season. In the meantime, we're preparing to conclude the nonconference season Sunday against former Big 12 rival Nebraska before beginning league action next week.
Until next time, "Hook'em Horns!"