Gabby Douglas: My mom knows best
Had it not been her mother, Gabby Douglas might never have worn a gold medal. Instead, she might be asking customers, "You want waffle fries with that?"
"I wanted to give up gymnastics and work at Chick-fil-A. I was determined to give any excuse to my mom and my coaches and my siblings that I didn't want to do gymnastics anymore. Sorry. And I was very homesick [when I moved to Iowa to train]. I mean, my family visited me for Christmas, and it went by so fast, and by the time I knew ...
Read full story
In the Clutch
How do top athletes deal with stress and the pressure to win:
• My story: Earning gold in Beijing
• My story: Beating Brazil in 2011
• My story: Wanting to be independent
• My story: Winning X Games gold
• My story: Overcoming injury to win
• My story: Overtime victory in NCAAs