Clark still carving her own path, on top of her game
Whatever stereotypes may exist about snowboarders, one of the sport's greatest female riders in history blows most of them up faster and higher than her signature 1080.
The winner of 16 straight on the event circuit last year, Kelly Clark is neither cocky nor a self-promoter. She doesn't pepper every sentence with snowboard lingo. And at 29, she's certainly not interested in being a rebel.
"I am part of an industry and a sport that does have that image, but I'm not ...
Read full story
Out In The Cold
How do top athletes prepare for competition and train in cold temps? espnW asks the experts:
Week 1: Bobsled
• The Athlete: Kaillie Humphries changes direction
• Get-In Gear: Bobsledders' must-haves
• Photos: The world of bobsledding
Week 2: Snowboarding
• The Athlete: Clark still carving out her own path
• Get-In Gear: Snowboarders' must-haves
• Photos: The world of snowboarding
Week 3: Endurance/X-country skiing
• The Athlete: Liz Stephen leading way
• Get-In Gear: X-country skier's must-haves
Week 4: Skiing
• The Athlete: Stacey Cook crashes and learns
• Get-In Gear: Skiers' must-haves
Click To Share