2012-13 CWSA winners and finalists
The Collegiate Women Sports Awards are given to female athletes in 12 NCAA sports each year. One of these athletes will be named Collegiate Woman Athlete of the Year and presented with the coveted Honda Cup.
Delta State legend Lucy Harris, a pioneer in women's basketball, received the inaugural Broderick Cup in 1976, and the award later became the Honda Cup in 1985.
For the past 36 years, the groundbreaking Collegiate Women Sports Awards program has recognized the best female athletes throughout the NCAA -- from Old Dominion's Nancy Lieberman (1978-79) to North Carolina's Mia Hamm (1993-94) to Connecticut's Maya Moore (2010-11) -- elevating them to superstar status long before they were inducted into the Hall of Fame, became a World Cup champion or named WNBA Rookie of the Year.
Here is a list of the 2012-13 sports winners. The Honda Cup winner will be announced June 24 during the awards broadcast on ESPNU (8 p.m. ET):
• Cross-country: Betsy Saina, Iowa State
• Field hockey: Katie Reinprecht, Princeton
• Soccer: Crystal Dunn, North Carolina
• Volleyball: Alaina Bergsma, Oregon
• Swimming & Diving: Allison Schmitt, Georgia
• Basketball: Elena Delle Donne, Delaware
• Gymnastics: Bridget Sloan, Florida
• Golf: Annie Park, USC
• Lacrosse: Kara Cannizzaro, North Carolina
• Tennis: Nicole Gibbs, Stanford
• Softball: Keilani Ricketts, Oklahoma
• Track & Field: Kimberlyn Duncan, LSU
• Division II Athlete of the Year: Kari Daugherty, Ashland University
• Division III Athlete of the Year: Allyson Fournier, Tufts
• Winner: Announced June 24 (8 p.m. ET on ESPNU)