Notes on the final 97 players
LAS VEGAS -- Day 6 is underway and here are a few notes on the field that remains.
• The top 38 players after Day 5 had never previously won a bracelet. The top previous bracelet winners are Eric Buchman and David Baker, who are starting Day 6 in 39th and 40th, respectively.
• The only multi-bracelet winner remaining is Vanessa Selbst, who owns two. Steven Gee, Jason Somerville, Erik Cajelais, Greg Merson, Leo Wolpert, Dung Nguyen and Gavin Smith are the other bracelet winners left.
• Sixteen of the top 34 remaining in the chip counts have never had a WSOP cash entering this event. That includes Robert Salaburu (second in chips), Charles Coutas (seventh) and Nicco Maag (10th).
• The bottom of the chip counts has more experience than the top. Among the bottom 40 in chips entering the day, there are seven bracelet winners and 15 players with more than $100,000 in previous WSOP earnings.
• The United States leads with 66 players remaining, but the field still contains players from Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom and Uruguay.
• A year after Pius Heinz won the main event, there are four Germans remaining, tied for the third most of any other country (behind the U.S. and France, with five; Canada also has four representatives left). The Germans left are Wilfried Haerig, Nicco Maag, Jan Heitmann and Lasell King.