- Watch the ball as it's hit and anticipate where it will land.
- Use the "I" key (forward toward the plate), "J" key (left) and "L" key (right) and "K" key (backwards toward the fence) to run to the catch zone on the field.
- When the catchzone turns green press the "Shift" key or the "Space" bar to catch the ball.
- Catch three balls to advance to the next level.
- Miss 5 balls and the game is over.
- New Web Gem catches are unlocked as the game progresses. Click the "?" in the game for full descriptions of how these catches work.
Please Note: There is a known bug with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and this game.
The game on this page should work properly for Windows 7 and IE8. However, if it does not please choose one of the following options to play the game bug-free.
Note, in order to submit a score properly you will need to keep your original browser window open.
- Use one of the following browsers: Firefox Chrome or Safari and return to this URL:
- Click here to pop-off a new window with a bug-free version of the game.
- If a new window does not pop-off look for a yellow bar at the top of your browser window, click on it and select "Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site".
- If the game in the pop-off still does not work properly, use options 1 or 3.
- In your Internet Explorer browser, choose Tools > Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Choose Trusted sites (green check mark)
- Click the sites button
- Uncheck Require server verification, then add espn.go.com and close window
- Uncheck Enable Protected Mode
- Restart Internet Explorer
- Return to this URL: http://espn.go.com/free-online-games/sports/baseball/_/gid/198/web-gems-the-game
- Have fun!
Having a problem? Comments or suggestions? Tell us which game and about your computer, (browser, operating system, etc.).