- Control the Return Man with the I (forward), J (left), L (right), and K (backwards). You can now run backwards!
- The objective is to run the length of the field and score a TD without getting tackled.
- To catch the ball position the Return Man over the yellow circle before it fills with yellow. If you miss the catch pick up the live ball without getting tackled.
- You will gain special moves and extra possesions as you progress.
- Special moves are controlled with the A, S and D keys. Each special move can only be used once per play.
- Use special moves (unlockables) to get by defenders.
- Run over lightning bolts for a speed burst and bonus points.
- Return Man 2 saves your progress. Once you beat a stage you can start from that stage again by selecting it at the beginning of the game.
Please Note: There is a known bug with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and this game.
The game on this page should work properly for Windows 7 and IE8. However, if it does not please choose one of the following options to play the game bug-free.
Note, in order to submit a score properly you will need to keep your original browser window open.
- Use one of the following browsers: Firefox Chrome or Safari and return to this URL:
- Click here to pop-off a new window with a bug-free version of the game.
- If a new window does not pop-off look for a yellow bar at the top of your browser window, click on it and select "Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site".
- If the game in the pop-off still does not work properly, use options 1 or 3.
- In your Internet Explorer browser, choose Tools > Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Choose Trusted sites (green check mark)
- Click the sites button
- Uncheck Require server verification, then add espn.go.com and close window
- Uncheck Enable Protected Mode
- Restart Internet Explorer
- Return to this URL: http://espn.go.com/free-online-games/sports/football/_/gid/194/return-man-2
- Have fun!
Having a problem? Comments or suggestions? Tell us which game and about your computer, (browser, operating system, etc.).