Snedeker wants Franklin to stay put
Vanderbilt alum and PGA Tour pro Brandt Snedeker doesn't want football coach James Franklin to leave Nashville for a higher-profile job and is willing to personally help the cause.
Franklin is in the running for the head coaching position at Penn State. A source told ESPN Brett McMurphy that Franklin is expected to become the Nittany Lions' new coach.
The putting lessons alone might be worth it from one of the best rollers of the rock in the professional game today.
Snedeker, a six-time PGA Tour winner who is currently ranked 14th in the Official World Golf Ranking, later tweeted, "Vandy nation, need to let @jamesfranklinvu know how much we want him to stay.. #franklinfever."
Snedeker finished T-11 last week at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, the PGA Tour's first tournament of 2014. He is not entered in this week's first full-field event of the year, the Sony Open of Hawaii.
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Senden rallies late for wild Valspar win
- Couples wins Toshiba title with late birdie spree
- Canizares wins Trophee Hassan by 5 strokes
- English teen Hull captures her 1st pro title
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Vanderbilt Commodores Tailgater Junior-Size Football