Mark Rypien leads Dan Quinn
STATELINE, Nev. -- Former NFL quarterback Mark Rypien had two birdies and an eagle over the last four holes Saturday to take the lead after the second round of the American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe.
Dan Quinn was in second, followed by first-round co-leader Mark Mulder.
Rypien scored 27 points in his round, shooting the equivalent of a 1-under 71, and had a 36-hole total of 43 points in the modified Stableford scoring system. Rypien hasn't finished higher than third since winning the inaugural event in 1990.
Quinn was three points behind after getting 20 for the second straight day. Mulder was another two points back after a 16.
Actor Jack Wagner, the defending champion who shared the first-round lead with Mulder, was another point back.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE GOLF HEADLINES
- Spieth: 'Sting' of Masters loss will last awhile
- Top amateur Ramsey of Clemson turning pro
- Bubba wins second Masters in three years
- Florida's Cooke leads Senior PGA Professional
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Elite Jersey Dallas Cowboys Tony Romo #9