Nike Football Combine Information
The 2010 Nike Football Combine schedule will be released in mid-December.
|2010 NIKE FOOTBALL COMBINE SCHEDULE|
|Sat., 1/30||Honolulu, Hawaii||Aloha Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 2/6||Miami, Fla.||North Miami Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 2/13||Mobile, Ala.||Lipscomb Park Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sun, 2/14||Houston, Tex.||Woodforest Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 2/20||Pittsburgh, Pa.||UPMC Sports Performance Complex||Turf/indoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 2/27||Orlando, Fla.||ESPN Wide World of Sports||Grass/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 3/6||Massillon, Ohio||Paul L. David Athletic Training Center||Turf/indoors||9am-2pm|
|Sun., 3/7||Philadelphia, Pa.||NovaCare Practice Facility||Turf/indoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 3/13||Charlotte, N.C.||Mallard Creek High School||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sun., 3/14||Atlanta, Ga.||Hallford Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sun., 3/21||Chicago, Ill.||MAX McCook Expo Center||Turf/indoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 3/27||Miami, Fla.||Traz Powell Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 4/3||Baltimore, Md.||Annapolis High School||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 4/10||Dallas/Ft. Worth, Tex.||Pennington Field||Astroturf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 4/24||Los Angeles, Calif.||Long Beach Veteran's Stadium||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 5/15||Oakland, Calif.||Laney College||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 6/5||Portland, Ore.||Tigard High School||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
|Wed., 6/16||Salt Lake City||ALA Academy||Turf/outdoors||9am-2pm|
*Reporting time available for athletes post online pre-register. To register, click here.
The schedule for the 2010 Nike Football Combines has been released and online registration is now available by clicking the image to the right. The national tour, which tested and rated 14,000 of the nation's top prospects last spring, will once again showcase the talent from all corners of the country with a tour scheduled for 18 events in 2010.
Nike Football Combines are free and open to Class of 2011 and top underclassmen high school football players looking to showcase their skills. Alumni of the combines include NFL stars Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona Cardinals), Devin Hester (Chicago Bears) and Haloti Ngata (Baltimore Ravens) as well as thousands more who have gone on to play Division I college football.
Attending one of the Nike Football Combines gives each athlete the opportunity to get professionally SPARQ tested so they will have a starting base to improve upon. SPARQ stands for speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness. The rating comes from a series of sport-specific tests and gives athletes a chance to see their strengths and weaknesses. They'll also have a chance to see other elite players in their class, which will give them an idea of where they stand.
2010 will mark the 14th year of the NIKE Football Training Camps. These camps have produced such alums as Carson Palmer, Matt Forte, Darnell Dockett and Clay Matthews.
The NIKE Football Training Camps are designed to help elite high school players with college potential advance their football and training knowledge in order to maximize their ability. Participants are taught position-specific and athletic performance drills designed by some of the top NFL football players and sports performance specialists in America, and it is all FREE for the athletes.
For more on Nike Football Training Camps and answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
There is also an opportunity for great recruiting exposure and coverage. There will be stories, photos and videos posted on ESPN.com's recruiting page and Scouts Inc. will offer player analysis as well. College programs across the country also receive the testing results.
Registered athletes participating in the 2010 Nike Football Combines will:
• Receive free access and testing at either turf/indoor or grass/outdoor events.
• Be measured by height and weight, and photographed.
• Receive a proper, supervised dynamic warm-up.
• Be tested in: the 40-yard dash (twice, fastest time kept), vertical jump (highest jump kept), the 20-yard shuttle (twice, fastest time kept) and the power ball throw (twice, farthest throw kept). If players are not satisfied with their results, they may scratch them so they are not reported.
• Receive a SPARQ Rating based on a calculation of their testing scores.
• Attend an interactive Nike SPARQ seminar which will cover offseason training, the recruiting process and a short series of SPARQ drills.
Elite 11 QB Camp
Now entering its 12th year, the Elite 11 Quarterback Competition is a four-day event which brings together the top high school quarterbacks and focuses on improving their quarterbacking play both on and off the field.
The spring itinerary for the 2010 EA SPORTS Elite 11 QB Regional Camps is set. Top high school quarterbacks around the country are invited to workout to not only compete for a spot in the final Elite 11 Quarterback Competition in July, but also to receive advanced, one-on-one quarterback instruction.
For more on Elite 11 and how to secure a spot, click here.
• Receive exposure across ESPN platforms, including a player card in the Scouts, Inc. database.
• Be eligible for selection consideration for the Nike Football Training Camps, the top national football camp tour (selection is based on over all performance and participation is free).
• Receive a free Nike Pro workout shirt (but must bring appropriate workout gear: shorts, sweats, football cleats and training shoes) .
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Riley says Heat OK after LeBron's departure
- Presidential farewell: Jeter honored by Bush
- Cards deal for Masterson to bolster pitching
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud