State Scoreboard: Region Semifinals
MDVarsity.com High School Football Media State Poll
1. DeMatha (10-0) vs. Gonzaga (D.C.), 35-0
2. Linganore (11-0) def. No. 16 Damascus, 33-20
Maryland High School Football Scoreboard
Every week, MDVarsity.com will update scores from games throughout the state. Here are each week's results.
4. Arundel (11-0) def. Annapolis, 18-6
5. River Hill (11-0) def. J.M. Bennett, 70-0
6. Quince Orchard (11-0) def. Tuscarora, 33-12
7. Fort Hill (11-0) def. Smithsburg, 45-0
8. Suitland (9-2) lost to No. 10 Flowers, 34-27
9. Gwynn Park (10-0) def. McDonough, 24-25
10. Flowers (10-1) def. No. 8 Suitland, 34-27
11. Wise (10-1) def. Eleanor Roosevelt, 6-0
12. Huntingtown (10-0) vs. Lackey, Saturday
13. North Point (10-1) lost to No. 23 Old Mill, 24-0
14. Bishop McNamara (8-3) lost to No. 3 Good Counsel, 35-6
15. Westlake (9-2) def. Potomac, 30-12
16. Damascus (8-3) lost to No. 2 Linganore, 33-20
17. Gilman (7-3)
18. McDonogh (8-2)
19. Joppatowne (11-0) def. Bohemia Manor, 49-30
20. Sherwood (9-2) def. Springbrook, 24-2
21. Queen Anne's (11-0) def. Wicomico, 43-29
22. Boys' Latin (10-1) lost to Spalding, 12-0
23. Old Mill (9-2) def. No. 13 North Point, 24-0
24. Dunbar (10-1) def. Forestville, 34-25
25. Poly (9-2) lost to Franklin, 10-8
Sunday, Nov. 15MIAA
* Georgetown Prep 34, Loyola 21
Monday, Nov. 16
No. 1 Gwynn Park 28, No. 4 McDonough 25
Saturday, Nov. 14
* No. 1 Sherwood 24, No. 4 Springbrook 2
* No. 4 Thomas Johnson 21, No. 1 Urbana 14
* No. 1 Wise 6, No. 4 Eleanor Roosevelt 0: Rahsaan Moore scored the only touchdown as Wise advanced to the region final for the second straight year. The game also marked the team's second-straight 6-0 win over Roosevelt.
* No. 2 Flowers 34, No. 3 Suitland 27: Flowers scored in the final minute after falling behind late in the fourth quarter to advance past Suitland. The game ended with a Suitland pass falling incomplete in the end zone.
* No. 3 Old Mill 24, No. 2 North Point 0: Old Mill hands North Point its first loss of the season and advances to the Class 4A East region final against Arundel.
* No. 1 Huntingtown 23, No. 4 Lackey 0: Huntington advances to the region final, but remains unsure who it will face. Westlake won the other semifinal contest, yet faces a hearing Monday regarding a player's eligibility. If Westlake is forced to forfeit, Huntingtown will face Potomac.
* No. 3 Havre de Grace 12, No. 2 Snow Hill 6: A rain-soaked field slowed down both teams as Havre de Grace came away with the victory.
* No. 2 Allegany 46, No. 3 Boonsboro 6: The Campers scored 23 points in the second quarter to turn a 14-6 contest into a comfortable playoff victory. Allegany will face Fort Hill for the region title next week.
* No. 2 Dunbar 34, No. 3 Forestville 25
MIAA B Conference Championship
* No. 2 Archbishop Spalding 12, No. 1 Boys' Latin 0
* No. 1 DeMatha 35, No. 4 Gonzaga (D.C.) 0
Mid-Atlantic Christian Semifinals
* Maryland Christian 27, Central Maryland Christian 0: Luke DiPaola completed 8 of 12 passes for 147 yards ad two scores. Jed Yousefi had four catches for 51 yards and two touchdowns. Evan Chase rushed for 114 yards and two touchdowns. Mike James added 95 rushing yards.
* Flint Hill (Va.) 35, St. James 21
* St. Albans (D.C.) 21, Landon 16
Friday, Nov. 13
* No. 3 Paint Branch 18, No. 2 Walt Whitman 7: Paint Branch rallied from a 7-0 halftime deficit to post its first playoff victory since 1975.
* No. 3 Patterson 37, No. 2 Woodlawn 0: Patterson overwhelmed Woodlawn with 29 first-quarter points en route to an easy victory.
* No. 1 Arundel 18, No. 4 Annapolis 6: Wet weather and Annapolis' defense slowed Arundel, but the Wildcats used a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to put away the game and advance to the region final for the third straight year.
* No. 1 Quince Orchard 33, No. 4 Tuscarora 12: Quince Orchard rolled to a victory over Tuscarora to advance to the region final for the fifth straight year. The past four seasons, however, Quince Orchard has played for the 4A West crown.
* No. 2 Linganore 33, No. 3 Damascus 20: Zach Zwinak rushed for a second-record 328 yards and scored two touchdowns as Linganore overcame four turnovers to defeat Damascus. The previous school record for rushing in a game was set in 1991 by John Seymour.
* No. 1 Hereford 30, No. 4 North Harford 0: Zach Witkowski rushed nine times for 139 yards and two scores and Willie Williams added 130 yards and a score on 20 carries as Hereford won.
* No. 2 Franklin 10, No. 3 Poly 8: Jake Gibson's 34-yard field goal with six minutes left rallied Franklin to a victory over Poly.
*No. 2 Westlake 30, No. 3 Potomac 12: Antwoine Reese rushed for three touchdowns as Westlake advances to the region final for the fifth time in seven years.
* No. 1 River Hill 70, No. 4 J.M. Bennett 0: Kevin Johnson jumpstarted River Hill with three first-quarter touchdowns as the Hawks rolled to a record victory. River Hill's 70 points are the most scored in an MPSSAA playoff game, breaking the previous record of 63 set in 2000 with Calvert's 60-28 victory over Eastern Tech.
* No. 2 Atholton 14, No. 3 Wilde Lake 13: Wilde Lake scored in the final minute to pull within one, but the play on a two-point conversion failed as Atholton held on for the victory.
* No. 4 Middletown 14, No. 1 Rockville 7 (2OT): Will Lyons caught a touchdown pass from Sam Glushakow and the Knights' defense held for an overtime victory over Rockville.
* No. 2 South Carroll 10, No. 3 Century 6: South Carroll took a 10-6 halftime lead and held on for the victory.
* No. 1 Chesapeake-BC 14, No. 4 Dundalk 12
* No. 2 Eastern Tech 50, No. 3 Lake Clifton 12: Criszon Brown scored two touchdowns as Eastern Tech rolled to an easy victory.
* No. 3 Douglass-PG 24, No. 2 Glenelg 12: Emmanuel Paul scored two touchdowns to lead Douglass past Glenelg.
* No. 1 Queen Anne's 43, No. 4 Wicomico 29
* No. 2 Kent Island 35, No. 3 North Caroline 0
* No. 1 Fort Hill 45, No. 4 Smithsburg 0: The top-seeded Sentinels scored 32 first-half points en route to an easy victory.
* No. 1 Catoctin 56, No. 4 New Town 0: Paul Barbour scored three touchdowns as Catoctin cruised to a win over New Town.
* No. 2 Pikesville 42, No. 3 Sparrows Point 20: Pikesville rallied from a 14-0 first-quarter deficit to defeated league rival Sparrows Point for the second straight week. DaVohn Gilmore scored three touchdowns as Pikesville responded by scoring the next 34 points.
* No. 1 Forest Park 19, No. 4 Carver Vo-Tech 18: Forest Park's undefeated season continued with a victory over Carver. The Foresters are 10-0.
* No. 1 Joppatowne 49, No. 4 Bohemia Manor 30: Epe Henriques rushed for 292 yards and four touchdowns on 25 carries as Joppatowne advanced to the region final for the third straight year.
* No. 2 Good Counsel 35, No. 3 Bishop McNamara 6
* MSD 49, California School for Deaf 0
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Louisville takes first AAC final, tops UConn
- UCLA upsets No. 4 Arizona in Pac-12 final
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break