- San Antonio, TXHometown
- Claudia Taylor Johnson High School
- 6Overall Rank
- 3Position Rank
- Feb 3, 2012
- No. 8 Recee' Caldwell ('14) passes 1,000-point mark
- Recee' Caldwell surpassed the 1,000-point mark for her career in just her sophomore season, hitting 24 points during Lady Bird Johnson's 43-27 victory over Roosevelt in a battle of San Antonio, Texas, schools on Friday.
Ranked No. 8 in the 2014 class by ESPN HoopGurlz, Caldwell also had seven assists in the game.
The 5-foot-8 point guard was a member of the USA Basketball U16 national team and reopened her recruitment in November.
- Nov 3, 2011
- No. 8 sophomore Recee' Caldwell re-opens her recruitment
- Recee' Caldwell of San Antonio, Texas, has recanted her verbal commitment to Baylor, according to her father, Ray Caldwell. The No. 8 prospect in ESPNU HoopGurlz Terrific 25 is completely reopening her recruitment but carryovers include Duke, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Vanderbilt and Washington.
"As a father, I did not make a wise decision in allowing Cee' to commit without understanding all of the factors involved in the process," Caldwell said. "Cee' continues to hold Baylor in high regard. However, it is best that we take a step back and get clearer perspective of the colligate experience."
- Jun 15, 2011
- Recee' Caldwell latest record-setter in U.S. romp
- Recee' Caldwell of San Antonio, Texas, was the latest record-setter as USA advanced to the FIBA Americas U16 medal semifinals with a 114-32 thumping of Venezuela on Wednesday in Mérida, Mexico.
Caldwell, a 2014 point guard, had six assists to tie a USA mark. The U.S. team set a U16 record with 32 assists and tied the high for blocks with 11.
"It's a great feeling to be able to rely on your teammates because you know that you will have a good option, whether it's the first or second option or even later in the offense," Caldwell said in a USA Basketball release.
Rebecca Greenwell of Owensboro, Ky., led the U.S. in scoring for the second straight game with 18 points to go with four rebounds and four steals. Greenwell's 18 was matched by Stephanie Mavunga of Indianapolis, Ind., who also had seven rebounds and three blocks. Jannah Tucker of /Randallstown, Md., had 17 points, including 3-of-4 shooting from 3-point range; Jatarie White of Charlotte, N.C. had 14 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots, and Taya Reimer of Fisher, Ind., chipped in 10 points and five rebounds.
The U.S. outrebounded Venezuela by 22 boards (58-36), tallied 53 bench points to Venezuela's nine and recorded 72 points in the paint, 43 fast break points and 33 points off of turnovers.
"I felt like we came ready to play, and we played hard and we shot the ball pretty well," said USA head coach Jill Rankin Schneider (Monterey H.S., Lubbock, Texas).
- May 28, 2011
- Recee' Caldwell is on point Saturday at USA trials
- Recee' Caldwell, the 5-foot-8 guard from San Antonio, Texas, is playing at a high level at the USA U16 national team trials and the smile on her face for most of it shows she's having a good time.
This spring Caldwell showed she had spent considerable time becoming a scorer and one of the 2014 class' best shooters. That scorer's mentality raised questions about how she might fit in as a potential national team member as the last two cadet teams were all about size outside of the point guard position.
Caldwell has answered many of those questions by playing the role of a true point guard really well. Long jumpers have been replaced with vocal leadership and heady passing.
"When I was younger I was always a pass first point guard," Caldwell said. "That's my nature."
Caldwell looked pretty confident and comfortable transitioning back to the point. Whether it earns her a spot on the team or not she is showing how complete her game is becoming at an early age.
- Nov 10, 2010
- Freshman G Recee' Caldwell scores 37 in debut
- Recee' Caldwell, a 5-foot-8 guard from San Antonio, Texas, scored 37 points during her freshman debut at Johnson High School. the sharp-shooting Johnson scored nearly 70 percent of her team's total during its 57-53 loss to Taft.