Each weekday, ESPN RISE brings you five vital stats from athletes across the country.[+] EnlargeDanny Vega Karisma Penn is ranked No. 18 on the ESPNU HoopGurlz 100.
Shaker Heights (Cleveland) senior Karisma Penn is coming off a monster junior campaign in which she led the Lady Raiders in scoring (19.4), rebounding (12.3) and blocks (3.2) and earned Player of the Year honors in the Lake Erie League. She enters the season ranked No. 18 on the ESPNU HoopGurlz 100 and is rated the third-best forward overall. She takes time away from her offseason regiment to yak about her favorite tunes.
Top 5 songs in my MP3 player (not an iPod):
1. "Paper Planes" by M.I.A.
"I just like the sound effects in the chorus."
2. "Whatever You Like" by T.I.
"I just love T.I. I love all his music."
3. "Look Back at Me" by Trina feat. Killer Mike
"The beat is hot."
4. "Mr. and Mrs. Perfect" by Gucci Mane
"I like to dance to it."
5. "Swagger Like Us" by T.I. feat. Jay-Z, Kanye West and Lil Wayne
"It's just hot with all the best rappers on it."
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Tiger tweaks back, fades with birdie-less 78
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM