Henderson-Kunz reads into it
Each weekday, ESPN RISE brings you five vital stats from athletes across the country.
Morgon Henderson-Kunz is considered one of the top boys' swimmers and has committed to USC. Henderson-Kunz attends Arts & Communications Magnet Academy (Beaverton, Ore.), but is allowed to compete for Westview (Portland) because his school doesn't have a swim team. An eight-time state champ, Henderson-Kunz swims for the Tualatin Hills Swim Club and earned a spot on the 2008-09 U.S. Men's National Junior Team as a result of his times at the Olympic Trials last summer. As you can imagine, Henderson-Kunz doesn't have too much time on his hands, but when he does he enjoys reading. Here are his five favorite books.
1. "The Pillars of the Earth" -- Ken Follett
"It has a very involved story. It goes through several peoples' lifelines. It has a sense of realism."
2. "Monsoon" -- Wilbur Smith
"It's an adventure book. I like adventure books."
3. "Ender's Game" -- Orson Scott Card
"He's unbelievable to watch."
4. "The Kite Runner" -- Khaled Hosseini
"It's different from the norm."
5. "Prey" -- Michael Crichton
"It's one of those science fiction books that seems really plausible."
Check out the ESPN RISE High Five archive.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
|Rank||School (City, State)||Rec|
|3||Trinity For Boys|
|See the full football rankings »|