Ricketts takes the field
Each weekday, ESPN RISE brings you five vital stats from athletes across the country.
Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, Calif.) senior Keilani Ricketts is a basketball star, but her best sport is softball. As a junior, she went 11-1, struck out 172 batters and had a 0.30 ERA, allowing just two earned runs all year on the diamond. Ricketts will attend the University of Oklahoma, but before she becomes a Sooner she talks about her five favorite athletes.
1. Cliff Lee -- Cleveland Indians pitcher
"He's a left-handed pitcher and I'm left handed, so that's what I like about him. He's one of the best pitchers on one of the not great teams in baseball."
2. Kerri Walsh -- Olympic beach volleyball player
"She went to my high school and she won state at both basketball and volleyball, so I look up to her because she was great at both sports."
3. Blake Griffin -- Oklahoma basketball player
"He's an awesome player overall. He grabs so many rebounds, and he can score too. If you give him too much space he can even shoot the three."
4. Cat Osterman -- USA Olympic softball pitcher
"She is awesome. She's always so focused and she has such good game face."
5. Sam Bradford -- Oklahoma quarterback
"I like how he's an awesome quarterback but seems so humble about it."
Check out the ESPN RISE High Five archive.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Heat use late charge, top Bobcats in Game 1
- Nene, Wiz rally past Bulls for Game 1 victory
- Early brawl mars Brewers' win in 14 innings
- NBA: Refs missed late foul on Clippers' Paul
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
|Rank||School (City, State)||Rec|
|3||Trinity For Boys|
|See the full football rankings »|