Spencer eyes more SPARQ success
Kansas commit enters The Opening with the third-highest rating of all time
As Colin Spencer prepared to compete in the Houston SPARQ combine, numbers weren't exactly working in his favor.
Unlike most of his fellow competitors in the March 3 event, the Woodrow Wilson (Dallas) cornerback had zero offers from colleges. Recruiting analysts gave Spencer the same treatment, leaving him off of every national rankings list. And even though Spencer had tallied six interceptions and five blocked kicks as a junior last fall, coaches and scouts paid more attention ...
Read full story
Many of the nation's top prospects battled it out at The Opening at Nike Headquarters.
• Luginbill and Haubert: Who stood out
• Luginbill: QB, RB, WR review
• Luginbill: LB, DB review
• NFL stars teach more than just football
• Linemen get downright nasty at The Opening
• Day 4 notebook
• Lone reps from schools represent
• ESPN 150 LB Anzalone picks Notre Dame
• Four-star WR Jenkins picks Clemson
• Worst part about being recruited
• Strange things fans say
• Morris-Swoopes battle
• Hackenberg and Morris battle it out
• Browne-Hackenberg meet
• OL-DL one-on-ones: Morning session
• How much is too much for recruits to ask for?
• Mitchell keeps low profile, but coming up big
• Day 3 notebook
• Henry, Kamara on a similar path
• Players impersonate coaches
• Hutchings groomed for success
• Day 3 one-on-ones: OL vs. DL
• WR Samples commits to Oklahoma State
• ESPN 300 OT Hunt picks Cal