Kentucky Derby picks and pokes
Here are some excuses if you lose the Derby.
10. Too much to drink.
9. Too little to drink.
8. Trouble at home.
7. Trouble at work.
6. Listened to a bad picker.
5. Bad post.
4. Idiot trainer.
3. Bad mood.
2. Rotten ride.
Here's the Derby field inside out.
1. Vicar's in Trouble: (30-1) De-railed. Vicar's in jail.
2. Harry's Holiday: (50-1) Got the owner some quality parking.
3. Uncle Sigh: (30-1) Sounds grouchy.
4. Danza: (10-1) Four races, four tracks.
5. California Chrome: (5-2) Donkey on silks; ten races is the most.
6. Samraat: (15-1) Sneaky good.
7. We Miss Artie: (50-1) Dirt poor.
8. General a Rod: (15-1) Wildcat Red's shadow.
9. Vinceremos: (30-1) Along for the ride.
10. Wildcat Red: (15-1) Native Floridian.
11. Hoppertunity: Scratched with foot injury.
12. Dance With Fate: (20-1) Best faker (best off dirt).
13. Chitu: (20-1) Enjoyed the sticks.
14. Medal Count: (20-1) Morning line about halfway there.
15. Tapiture: (15-1) Won't attract PETA money.
16. Intense Holiday: (12-1) Trainer gets bet.
17. Commanding Curve: (50-1) Post has winless Derby hex.
18. Candy Boy: (20-1) Has overlooked look.
19. Ride On Curlin: (15-1) The kind that mucks up exotics.
20. Wicked Strong: (8-1) To ride in from the bullpen.
AE. Pablo Del Monte: (50-1) Please don't anybody bail.
1. California Chrome
2. Wicked Strong
4. General a Rod/Dance With Fate
MORE HORSE RACING HEADLINES
- Trainer Mott suspended, fined for drug overages
- Weather cancels Wednesday card at Aqueduct
- 74-year-old takes National Handicapping title
- 'Chrome' works for San Antonio, Bayern doubtful