Updated: May 18, 2012, 11:15 PM ETBy Jay Cronley | Special to ESPN.com
There are how many thoroughbred horse races a day, 300?And 5-1 pays the same at the edge of nowhere as it does on a coast, the difference in handicapping being that many of the 5-1 horses competing in the sticks belong in bed.
2. Teeth of the Dog (15-1): Hair of the Dog would go off shorter.
3. Pretension (30-1): Cured maiden status with nifty 29 Beyer at Charles Town.
4. Zetterholm (20-1): Trounced four in N.Y.
5. Went the Day Well (6-1): Went the Derby late.
6. Creative Cause (6-1): Has been producing boring reruns.
7. Bodemeister (8-5): Hurry wire.
8. Daddy Nose Best (12-1): Daddy nose Sunland.
9. I'll Have Another (5-2): Sharp cookie.
10. Optimizer (30-1): Should have made a left and gone to Penn National.
11. Cozetti (30-1): Couldn't outrun me. In the Derby, any of 900 things could have happened. Here, one of two things can happen: Bodemeister will again get an uncontested lead and will last, or his legs will turn rubbery and somebody like the Derby winner will swoop him.
2. Creative Cause
3. I'll Have Another
4. Went the Day Well Plan B 1. I'll Have Another to simply win the race. Plan C 1. Creative Cause over: Bodemeister, I'll Have Another, Went the Day Well, Dog Teeth. (Creative Cause owes me a great deal of money). Plan D Penn National Write to Jay at email@example.com.
MORE HORSE RACING HEADLINES
- Zenyatta produces third foal, a War Front filly
- Trainer recovers after being thrown at Delaware
- Champion Beholder opens 2014 with easy win
- Mr Speaker does the talking in G3 Lexington