Is slippery Crown good for racing?
It is entirely possible that on June 9 at Belmont Park, I'll Have Another will complete the first sweep of the Triple Crown since 1978. He is determined as well as talented and though there are potential spoilers among the anticipated opponents, the best are 3-year-olds he has beaten this season. He could be the one. Finally.
Perhaps it is better for all but his connections that I'll Have Another follow in the hoofprints of Spectacular Bid, Pleasant Colony, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Silver Charm, Real Quiet, Charismatic, War Emblem, Funny Cide, Smarty Jones and Big Brown.
No horse on a winning streak will solve racing's problems, real or imagined, for more than about a few months.
MORE HORSE RACING HEADLINES
- Callback has all answers in G1 Las Virgenes S.
- Ocean Knight stays unbeaten with Davis victory
- Take Charge Brandi gets close win in 2015 debut
- Conquest Two Step overtakes Secret Circle
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE TRIPLE CROWN
• 'Lucky' ends Triple Crown bid in Preakness
• Desormeaux defends Derby stretch ride
• Eskendereya retired; Jess Jackson buys in
• Eskendereya cruises in the Wood Memorial
• Drosselmeyer's feet seem OK after work
• Belmont: First Dude could be one to catch