- Horse Racing - Antley houseguest out of jail

Horse Racing
NTRA Polls
Race Results
Results Ticker™
Live Racing
Money Leaders
Breeders' Cup
Daily Racing Form
AQHA Racing
Virtual Racing
Message Board
Thursday, December 21
Antley houseguest out of jail

Timothy Wyman Tyler Jr., the former houseguest of jockey Chris Antley who had been in jail for the past two weeks on two charges unrelated to Antley's death, has had those charges dismissed and has been released from jail, his attorney said Wednesday.

Tyler had been in jail since the morning of Dec. 3. He was questioned by Pasadena, Calif., police about Antley, who had been found dead in his Pasadena home the previous night. While he was being questioned, police found outstanding warrants on Tyler related to probation violations, and he was arrested.

The last of the two charges was dismissed Tuesday, according to Tyler's attorney, Fritzie Galliani. One charge was for allegedly being in a location where drugs were being used, specifically Antley's home on Sept. 28.

An arrest report filed by the Pasadena police that day said methamphetamine, a powerful stimulant, was found in the presence of Antley and Tyler.

"He is out of jail. He has nothing pending," Galliani said.

Tyler remains on probation for a drug arrest in February 1999.

Galliani said police searches of the homes of both Tyler's father, who lived near Antley, and Tyler's girlfriend, Elizabeth Carlson, found no evidence of Tyler being involved in Antley's death. Tyler was questioned by police eight hours after Antley was found dead.

Police have been treating the Antley death as a homicide. As of Wednesday afternoon, there still had been no arrests made in the case, according to Sgt. Tom Pederson of the Pasadena Police Department.

Tyler has been ensnared in the Antley case because of his association with the troubled jockey in recent months. His name surfaced on crime reports related to previous incidents involving Antley that were released by Pasadena police in recent weeks.

In addition, a friend of Antley's, Cathy Park, told police that on the day of Antley's death she saw Tyler in the driveway of Antley's home, using a crowbar to try to pry open a toolbox. Park said she left Antley's home that day after dropping lunch on the doorstep of the jockey's home. A little less than 10 hours later, she returned to Antley's home with the jockey's brother, Bryan, and found Antley dead.

Antley, 34, suffered "severe head trauma," according to a police press release distributed the day after Antley's death. A subsequent autopsy was performed by the Los Angeles County Coroner's office, but results from that examination, including toxicological tests, are not expected to be released for at least two more weeks.

Send this story to a friend | Most sent stories