Kobe Bryant allegations reviewed
SAN DIEGO -- San Diego prosecutors are reviewing allegations by a man claiming that Kobe Bryant injured him in a scuffle at a Carmel Valley church to determine whether any charges will be filed.
Gina Coburn, a spokeswoman for the city attorney's office, said Thursday that the case is still under review.
San Diego police detective Gary Hassen says the case was handed over to the city attorney's office a few weeks ago.
Police say the Los Angeles Lakers star apparently thought the man was taking his picture with a cellphone at a Carmel Valley church during a Sunday service last month and took the phone from him. The man, whose identity has not been released, went to a hospital for treatment of an injured wrist.
Bryant has denied the allegations.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press