June 6, 2003
2003 Kentucky Derby and Preakness can also be seen on ESPN.com
ESPN.com will bring fans ESPNMotion video of the entire 135th running of the Belmont Stakes, one hour after the completion of the race. The video will be just one part of ESPN.com's coverage of the race for The Triple Crown of horse racing.
Horse racing fans will also be able to look back at the entirety of this year's Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes in ESPN Motion. The showing of the three races will mark the first time that entire sporting events have been shown in ESPNMotion.
Additional elements of ESPN.com Belmont coverage include:
- News, analysis and commentary from Bill Finley, Ed McNamara and the rest of ESPN's Triple Crown coverage team;
- A glimpse back at the first two jewels of the Triple Crown: the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness;
- Analysis of the tracks, conditions and horses;
- A look at the traditions of the Triple Crown and the Belmont Stakes;
- The race will also be available in a streaming video format for those without ESPNMotion.
ESPN will surround the race with two television specials on Saturday - The Belmont Stakes Special leading up to the race (3-5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN), and the Triple Crown Special following the race (7-7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN). The 135th running of the Belmont will be televised this Saturday on NBC.
ESPNMotion brings high-quality video to fans with a broadband connection. Launched to all ESPN.com users in February, ESPNMotion has been downloaded by more than 1.5 million users.
See all of ESPN.com's coverage of The Triple Crown at http://espn.go.com/horse/triplecrown03