Adreian Payne out against N'western
EVANSTON, Ill. -- Adreian Payne remains sidelined for No. 4 Michigan State because of a sprained right foot.
The 6-foot-10 forward has been ruled out for Wednesday's game at Northwestern, leaving the Spartans without one of their best players as they go for their ninth straight win. The senior is averaging 16.2 points and 7.7 rebounds this season after choosing to stay in college instead of being a likely first-round pick in the NBA draft.
Branden Dawson, who's been battling an illness, is available for the Spartans. He is averaging 10.4 points and 8.7 rebounds entering Wednesday's game.
For Northwestern, guard Dave Sobolewski is out for his second straight game because of a concussion.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Wake Forest adds Greece's Mitoglou to roster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt