Arkansas suspends two key players
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Mike Anderson says junior Alandise Harris and sophomore Michael Qualls have been suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team and won't play in Saturday night's game at LSU.
Anderson says neither player made the trip to face the Tigers (13-6, 4-3).
Qualls is third in scoring for the Razorbacks (13-7, 2-5) with an average of 11.7 points per game. The 6-foot-6 sophomore made national highlight shows several times this season, including a game-winning putback dunk against No. 11 Kentucky on Jan. 14.
Harris is in his second season for Arkansas after transferring from Houston. The Little Rock native sat out last season, but is averaging 9.1 points per game this season.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Arizona holds Oregon St. to 34 points in rout
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- St. John's guard sorry for offensive tweet
- McCain: Time to talk legalizing sports betting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Huskies Purple/gold Fearless Shoot Around Performance Shirt