Host schools named for 2K Classic
Syracuse, Texas, California and Iowa are the four host schools for the 2K Sports Classic benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project to be held at Madison Square Garden in November, the organizers announced Wednesday.
The four teams will play two home games on their respective campuses before meeting at MSG on Nov. 20 and 21 for semifinal matchups. The semifinals and final will be televised by ESPN.
Syracuse, Texas and Iowa are all projected to be in the NCAA tournament this season, while Cal sits on the bubble heading into this week's Pac-12 tournament.
The Orange continue their plan of playing games at MSG after leaving the Big East for the ACC. They played St. John's at the Garden this season.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt