Bob Huggins has hip surgery
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia University has announced that men's head basketball coach Bob Huggins is recovering following surgery to replace his right hip.
In a release issued by the athletic department, the university stated that Huggins underwent surgery Monday morning.
The Huggins family says the surgery went well and that the coach is "doing fine."
The 60-year-old Huggins, who played at West Virginia, began his coaching career at the school in 1977. He became the Mountaineers' head coach before the 2007-2008 season.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Wake Forest adds Greece's Mitoglou to roster
- Source: Kentucky among 4 in Miami event
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's West Virginia Mountaineers #4 White Replica Basketball Jersey