Guard Leslie McDonald tears ACL
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina reserve guard Leslie McDonald has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and could miss the coming season.
The school said Friday that McDonald was injured during a summer league game in Durham on Thursday night.
McDonald averaged seven points per game off the bench and was second on the team with 51 3-pointers.
Surgery has yet to be scheduled and the rising junior is out indefinitely.
McDonald's injury could be a blow to North Carolina's depth, though the Tar Heels return all five starters from a team that reached the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings North Carolina Tar Heels Alley Oop Youth-Size Rubber Basketball