Guard Leslie McDonald tears ACL
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina reserve guard Leslie McDonald has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and could miss the coming season.
The school said Friday that McDonald was injured during a summer league game in Durham on Thursday night.
McDonald averaged seven points per game off the bench and was second on the team with 51 3-pointers.
Surgery has yet to be scheduled and the rising junior is out indefinitely.
McDonald's injury could be a blow to North Carolina's depth, though the Tar Heels return all five starters from a team that reached the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA files intent to appeal O'Bannon decision
- UConn agrees to play Arizona, Ohio State
- Beavers' Baker in ICU; required defibrillator
- Lawsuit: Tulsa failed to protect woman from player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's North Carolina Tar Heels Carolina Blue Tournament Basketball T-shirt