Pairings set for NIT Season Tip-Off
NEW YORK -- Syracuse, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech and Stanford will be the hosts for the opening doubleheaders of the 2011 NIT Season Tip-Off.
The pairings for the 27th edition of the tournament were announced Wednesday.
The first two rounds will be Nov. 14-16. The semifinals and finals are at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 23 and 25.
Syracuse will host Manhattan, with Albany facing Brown in the other game.
Monmouth will be at Virginia Tech, with George Mason playing Florida International.
Oklahoma State will host Arkansas-Pine Bluff, with Oral Roberts meeting Texas-San Antonio.
Fresno State will be at Stanford, with Colorado State taking on SMU in the other game.
The first- and second-round losers will play third- and fourth-round doubleheaders Nov. 21-22 at campus sites.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange Blue 'The 'Cuse is in the House' Selection Basketball T-Shirt