Kansas won't have touted prospect
Anderson would have been eligible for financial aid with the possibility of practicing during the second semester without playing games, but Big 12 rules stipulate partial qualifiers must be approved by the league's faculty athletic representatives.
Coach Bill Self said Friday that Anderson's case was not approved.
Self said the 6-foot-8 Anderson was "crushed" after learning of the decision. Self said part of the problem may stem from the time Anderson attended high school in Canada before he went to Wilbraham and Monson, a prep school in Massachusetts.
Self said he was "extremely disappointed in the outcome."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 8 Michigan overcomes scare from Illinois
- No. 1 Florida turns it on late, ousts Mizzou
- Source: Barclays negotiates with A-10, ACC
- Harris scores 20 as UVa pulls away from FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Kansas Jayhawks Blue Groove T-Shirt