A-10 to hold tourney at Barclays
The Atlantic 10 Conference will move its men's basketball tournament to the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn beginning with the 2013 tournament.
The Barclays Center will be the new home of the New Jersey Nets. The A-10 has one more year on its current deal to play the tournament in Atlantic City.
A-10 commissioner Bernadette McGlade is making attempts to get the A-10 more exposure in New York. The league is hosting its media day in Brooklyn on Oct. 13.
The Barclays Center could be in play for the Big East or ACC tournaments beyond 2016 when the Big East's current deal with Madison Square Garden expires.
Atlantic Coast Conference commissioner John Swofford said that he was open to having New York City as part of the ACC's rotation for its tournament now that the league will add Pittsburgh and Syracuse.
Andy Katz is a senior college basketball writer for ESPN.com.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey