Delvon Roe retires, cites knee pain
The school said Thursday that Roe, a senior from Euclid, Ohio, will remain on scholarship and is on track to graduate in May.
The 6-foot-8 Roe says the pain in his knee has taken away his love of the game and it's not fair to his team to try and play.
Over three years, Roe averaged only 6.1 points and 5.1 rebounds, but was a stalwart in Big Ten and NCAA tournament games. He averaged 23 minutes per game in the 2010 NCAA tournament and is second in school history with 106 blocks.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans White 'Izzone Impact' Basketball Rivalry Game T-Shirt