Delvon Roe retires, cites knee pain
The school said Thursday that Roe, a senior from Euclid, Ohio, will remain on scholarship and is on track to graduate in May.
The 6-foot-8 Roe says the pain in his knee has taken away his love of the game and it's not fair to his team to try and play.
Over three years, Roe averaged only 6.1 points and 5.1 rebounds, but was a stalwart in Big Ten and NCAA tournament games. He averaged 23 minutes per game in the 2010 NCAA tournament and is second in school history with 106 blocks.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans White #11 Elite Replica Basketball Jersey