Thomas Robinson hyperextends knee
The 6-foot-9 junior is being counted on heavily this season by the Jayhawks, who are co-favorites to win the Big 12 despite losing Marcus and Markieff Morris, Josh Selby and several other key contributors from last season's team.
Robinson averaged 7.6 points and 6.4 rebounds last season.
Self said "the results from the MRI were positive for Thomas. He will take a couple of days off to let it calm down, but hopefully will not miss any significant time."
The Jayhawks play their first exhibition game Tuesday night against Pittsburg State. They open the regular season Nov. 11 against Towson.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Pauley Pavilion court flooded as main breaks
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
- UAB grants All-C-USA PG Frazier his release
- Vols PG Lopez to miss season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Kansas Jayhawks Full-Sized Crossover Basketball